Head of BI / DW Product & Projects
IT Internet and Technology - Online Gaming
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Head of BI Product & Projects to join a household name in the Online Gaming Sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
What is the plan for the Head of BI Roadmap and Product role?
The role of Head of Roadmaps and Delivery is responsible for both the forward schedule of change and delivery of all change and BI products within the BI team.
A portfolio of 20 – 30 projects annually will be expected to be delivered with an annual cost of around £1-3 million, generating £5+ million in benefits for the business. They will be responsible for the scope, delivery and rollout of all new BI services across Gib, UK, Tel Aviv and Manila.
The role will work closely with management teams within COO, IT, Gaming, Sports and Finance to plan and build the BI strategic change roadmap and manage the delivery of it through the groups with the Business Intelligence function.
The key responsibilities are project management, business analysis and release management and communication for the BI team. It is expected that good working relationships are built with customers and suppliers of BI projects.
Reporting into the Director of Digital Business Intelligence & Analytics, you will be accountable for BI change programmes costing £1+ million, as well as small change projects that take place on a regular basis
What will you do as a Head of BI Product & Projects?
• Lead a team of Business Analysts and Project Coordinators to ensure delivery of all change programs within the Business Intelligence department
• Build, maintain and communicate the BI roadmap to all key stakeholders, ensuring the Director of Digital Business Intelligence and Analysis is kept up to date at all times
• Ensure problems and opportunities are clearly understood and documented before entering the BI pipeline
• Working closely with stakeholders across the business, building close working relationships
• Working closely and managing relationships with third party vendors such as Salesforce
• Management of projects, ensuring you see things through to the end with best practice project management techniques being implemented
• Management of any contractors providing a service within the Roadmap Delivery area of the business, ensuring all KPIs are met
• Responsible for the process of Controlling Google Analytics and ensuring data quality is met and requirements are understood and delivered. Working with Experts such as blast and coordinating between Product owners and development teams
• Influencing business product roadmaps and linking this into the BI roadmap
• Communicating regularly and accurately to key stakeholders to ensure they are kept up to date on the status of projects
• Ensuring adequate support and handover to the teams supporting the systems in the production environment
• Development and implementation of governance needed to manage the BI roadmap
• Accountable for end to end BI delivery, including a BI project portfolio of 20 to 30 projects at any one time. Helping to ensure these are followed through and progress monitored
• Managing all phases of BI projects from initiation to closedown
• Working closely with the Director of Digital Business Intelligence and Analytics to deliver on budget and planning for projects
• Use of abstract thinking and problem solving skills to identify business opportunities, with the ability to pin point key problems
• Provide answers to questions from key stakeholders using data and analytical techniques in order to provide fact based responses
What do you know that makes you a great Head of BI Product & Projects?
• PMP accredited Project Manager
• Demonstrate Business Intelligence project leadership skills
• Previous project management experience, leading projects and teams with a budget of over £1 million
• Good understanding of online gaming process and data tools
• Strong presentation skills; able to simplify and articulate plans and progress to senior stakeholders
• Experience of working with Machine Learning Analysts, Analysts, BI Developers, Testers and Business Analysts
• Experience of managing projects on Data Warehouses and Analysis cubes
• Data Modelling techniques: familiar with dimensions and metrics
• Good problem solving ability
• Ability to work across functions and locations
• Experience of managing change projects in BI
• Good working knowledge of the online gaming industry, particularly Sports, Gaming and IT
• Demonstrate previous leadership experience in a similar role/environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Manage your own time effectively, plan ahead and adopt a methodical approach to your work
Salary Up to £65k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.