Accountancy and Insurance
|RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a niche personal lines insurance company who has a great opportunity for an Insurance Accountant. You will be part of a key Head Office management team based in Gibraltar who help make key financial decisions for the business.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of the Company’s financial reporting and regulatory reporting outputs and to make sure they are executed effectively and efficiently and at all times remain in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and generally accepted accountancy practices. The role also involves the preparation of analysis for management on balance sheet assets and liabilities, including investment and reinsurance counter party exposure.
• Preparation of the quarterly and annual Solvency II QRT regulatory returns.
• Preparation of finance inputs for QRT reporting.
• Involvement in the calculation of the SCR using Horizon software.
• Preparation of the annual statutory accounts and government returns.
• Manage the Company’s investments within agreed guidelines, recommending strategy and reporting on investment performance as required.
• Manage the Company’s (financial) relationships with its auditors, regulatory and statutory authorities always promoting the best interests of the Company.
• Assist in the preparation of the financial aspects of regulatory reports such as the ORSA, SFCR and RSR
• Preparation of annual budgets and reforecasts
• Review the monthly management accounts (prepared by the Assistant Accountant)
• Preparation of monthly investor reports
• Monitor, mentor and train the Assistant Accountant
• Development, maintenance and improvement of Company accounting procedures.
Previous experience as an accountant with insurance knowledge essential.
Part qualified CIMA / ACCA
Able to work under your own initiative
Salary is £35k - £50k plus healthcare package.