Senior DW / BI Developer
IT Internet and Technology
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Senior DW Developer to join a household name in the Online Gaming Sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
What is the plan for the Senior DW Developer role?
The role of Senior DW Developer is responsible for the delivery of technical solutions to support reporting, data mining and analytics.
Reporting to the BI Development Manager, you will work proactively with the rest of the BI team and additional teams such as, CRM, Product and Brand Marketing to support the implementation of new initiatives.
You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of technical BI delivery from design and development through to implementation and operational support.
Your technical knowledge and exposure will be both broad and deep across many different database platforms and business applications.
You will ensure that BI applications and solutions are designed and developed in a flexible cost effective way, employing best practice BI solutions design to deliver timely and high quality BI products.
You will ensure that third party development resources working on your projects are complying with development standards and release procedure.
You will be required to work within an Agile framework and take on the role of Scrum Master for some projects.
You will have line management responsibility for in house and contract/third party BI Developers assigned to your projects.
You may need to travel to offshore/third party sites in India and the UK as and when the role requires.
What will you do as a Senior DW Developer?
• Understand how data within the core business systems relates to business activity and constant improvement of business performance
• Working with key stakeholders to understand business requirements from a data collation point of view, including all technical requirements to be input into the systems
• Design dimensional data models to be used by the BI team to support reporting, data mining and analytics
• Develop Extract Transformation and Load (ETL) processes using Oracle ODI, SSIS TSQL and .NET in order to develop the systems based on the business requirements. This will also involve developing processes for new product launches as and when required
• Develop and maintain stored procedures in TSQL and PL/SQL to support ETL activity and the generation of analytical models
• Develop REST; SOAP API frameworks
• Develop MS SSIS analysis cubes to facilitate data analysis by business users
• Develop reports using SSRS and other visualisation tools to be distributed to the wider business, this will include reports such as Financial KPI reports to be reviewed by the Executive team
• Ensure that all software developed for the systems is fully documented, stored and version controlled within the master software source control library to ensure an efficient approach to work and an easy handover
• Liaise with the testing teams during system testing phases of the project to identify and work to resolve defects
• Liaise with business analysts and key stake holders during user acceptance testing phases of a project to ensure that deliverables are meeting set business requirements and working to achieve this if not
• Contribute to the definition and implement BI design and development practices for the BI development team
• Assess the value of emerging technologies to help deliver industry leading BI solutions
• Mentor more junior BI development team members in the adoption of holistic best practice design and development principles
What do you know that makes you a great Senior DW Developer?
• Degree in a computer science or related discipline
• MCSE for BI desirable
• CSD/CSM desirable
• Previous experience of designing and developing large scale BI solutions integrating with 20+ source and target systems
• Experience of designing and developing large scale ETL/ELT processes
• Expert in Dimensional data modelling
• Expert level Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) knowledge (11g & 12c)
• Expert level Microsoft SQL Server knowledge
• Experience with Cloud technologies
• Significant experience of facilitating large scale data migrations
• Experience of managing technical relationships with third party suppliers
• Experience of managing more junior developers and third party developers
• Previous experience and a good understanding of the BI development lifecycle
• An understanding of the industry standard best practice design development principles
• An Agile champion with ideally with Scrum Master/ Scrum Developer certification
• Ideally good working knowledge of the online gaming industry and the where the commercial value of BI lies
Salary Up to £55k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.