Windows System Administrator
IT Internet and Technology
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a Windows System Administrator to join a household name in the Online Gaming Sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
What is the plan for the Windows System Administrator role?
We are seeking a highly motivated Systems Administrator to join our team of skilled professionals. Attitude is just as important as experience with a particular set of tools. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together. We are looking for colleagues with great communication and interpersonal skills, who can communicate easily with other people, and who have various levels of technical expertise. You must be able to integrate into a team where its individuals are looking for challenges on a daily basis, thus pushing them to be top of the notch professionals. You must also be passionate about new technology such as cloud offerings and be self-motivated. You need to also be able to drive yourself out of your comfort zone daily, trying to improve your skills and knowledge.You are expected to be able to identify the value and long term benefits of the high standards established, and be able to cope with them.
What will you do as a Windows System Administrator?
● Virtualisations technology including VMware and ESXi.
● Design, implement and administer Windows systems and environments with deep understanding of DHCP / DNS, Active Directory / FSMO roles and GPO.
● Exchange 2010 / O365 Cloud administration with migration experience.
● Administer proxy technology for web and email such as MessageLabs, Ironport and Umbrella Clients.
● Networking skills with an understanding of typical TCP/ UDP ports and the ability to test for required firewall changes.
● Design, implement and administer start-up and routine scripts.
● Promote the vision of a future Cloud / Hybrid architecture / design supporting an HA environment.
● Maintain internal security standards, administering and developing internal antivirus, DLP and authentication software and hardware technology.
● Explore and evaluate new techniques and tools.
● You will be required to be flexible, supporting ongoing and future enhancement projects and initiatives, and participate in a 24/7, 365-day rota for on-call support.
● Automation of processes and daily routines.
What do you know that makes you a great Windows System Administrator?
● 3+ years’ experience in Systems Administration.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar.
● Experience with full life-cycle engineering (design, test, commission, administration).
● Proficient with Windows system administration, including Server, storage, networks, and software.
● Working knowledge of fundamental protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS).
● Working experience with continuous integration/continuous development.
● Strong focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability.
● Windows Server 2008r2 – 2016.
● Exchange 2010 Full Administration.
● Active Directory / Domain Administration.
● Experience with cloud architectures.
● Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira/ Confluence).
● Hybrid Architecture.
● Exchange Migration and High Availability.
● VMware virtualized environment.
● Highly available enterprise environments utilising load-balancing network devices and proxy services.
● Monitoring solutions.
Beneficial to your application:
● MCSE / MCSA.
● Exchange 70-345 / 70-662.
● VCP / VCA Certification.
Salary circa £35k based on experience with bonus, an excellent relocation package and private healthcare.