Junior Actuarial - Pricing Analyst
Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is an International Insurance Company who has a great opportunity for a Junior Actuarial / Pricing Analyst. The company is a progressive and ambitious company who has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression
You will join the Actuarial team and assist in the provision of technical research and development of the pricing capabilities, tools and methodologies. You will be also involved in supporting other members of the team with activities such as reserving, claims analysis and cross-team projects. You will provide a range of management information and statistical analysis to all parts of the business.
- Ability to produce timely and accurate information for management decision-making purposes.
- To liaise with all departments on issues of reporting requirements, data analysis, business process and operational issues.
- Ability to find solutions to and make recommendations on, everyday business and pricing issues
- The production of statistical models to emulate the principle factors influencing pricing profitability which will; Risk Premium models at head of damage level, Market premium models, Demographic Categorisation
- Achieve an innovative approach to analysis which drives the business forward introducing new rating factors and finding new patterns and key variables.
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Degree level or above in a Statistical or Mathematical Science
- Experience of a statistical role preferred
- Experience of SAS preferred, and ideally EMBLEM
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Good numerical skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to present complex concepts at a level appropriate for the audience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability
Salary circa £25k based on experience.