Accountancy and Insurance
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a CFO to join a leading name in the online technology sector with an excellent reputation in its field of expertise. They are a multifaceted internal group of companies employing more than 8000 people. They are a forward thinking Company and seek employees who have the same drive and motivation in their chosen career. Their desire to retain their market leading position means that all aspects of their business model are managed with a view to being the best and providing an outstanding working environment for their staff in all their locations.
The responsibilities and duties of the Chief Financial Officer include but are not limited to the following:
To lead the finance function and act as a main resource to the Chief Executive Officer, be a key player in the analysis of new projects, consolidate the Group’s financial statements and monitor the trading performance of the business, cash flow and cash/capital requirements, whilst ensuring that the business complies with its statutory fiscal and other corporate obligations including bank facilities and relationships.
• Ensure that all fiscal and other corporate statutory requirements are met.
• Participate in board and audit committee meetings as and when required.
• Oversee the preparation of the monthly management accounts and other management information as required.
• Oversee the preparation of the half-year and the full-year statutory accounts in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards and Structures in liaison with the Company auditors.
• Provide the Company’s auditors with such information as may be required from time to time.
• Monitor the financial transactions carried out by the Company’s operations staff.
• Stay abreast of all amendments and changes to fiscal, employment or other relevant legislation which may have a bearing on the activities of the Company.
• Ensure proper allocation of duties to finance team members, identify employees for training as per the organisation’s guidelines and conduct job performance reviews to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Guide finance team members in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback and counseling. Provide recommendations for hiring and promotions.
• Maintain an efficient department with a motivated and driven team.
• Carry out all other duties as may reasonably be required for the smooth running of the Company and assist the management team and the Board of Directors in such matters as may be reasonably required.
Previous experience in a senior finance role such as CFO or FD
Experience of working in Malta and thus knowledgeable of the Maltese tax and finance regulations
Experience of setting up of businesses.
Fully qualified or qualified by experience
Previous budget and strategic financial milestones experience.
Salary circa €70k based on experience with an excellent package.