Marketing, PR and Web Design - Online Gaming
|RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for a UX/UI Designer to join a leading online gaming company, with a strong track record of digital innovation. As a pure online business with a mobile first ethos that brings the excitement of casino games to a rapidly growing number of customers in the leisure and gaming market; they have sustained rapid growth over the last few years and are expanding further.
What is the plan for the UX/UI Designer role?
This company will give the opportunity to truly explore creative boundaries as they only produce market leading work and although you will have to naturally work to brand guidelines these lines are pretty wide apart.
Your creative hat is worn 24/7 and you are driven by a desire to improve the online experience. You follow Luke Wroblewski and Scott Jenson and will love a well-drawn comic but are not fond of comic sans ;)
The UX/UI Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building web based components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with industry standard design software, wireframe tools and possess a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with responsive web/mobile applications.
What will you do as a UX/UI Designer?
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers, CRO experts and developers
• Collaborate with product management and developers to define and implement innovative solutions to support product direction, visuals and the online experience
• Illustrate UX ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
• Design graphic user interface elements (e.g. menus, tabs, widgets and more)
• Build a variety of page elements (e.g. navigation, buttons, tables, forms, etc.)
• Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and should appear
• Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
• Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback or tests
• Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Assist and collaborate in A/B testing
• Adhere to style standards according to the product and/or brand(i.e. fonts, colours and image style/treatment)
What do you know that makes you a great UX/UI Designer?
• Proven work experience as a UX/UI Designer or similar role
• Online portfolio of design projects
• Experienced in conducting user research and usability testing, and in turning the output into data that can drive product design decisions
• You have a strong understanding of and experience in Lean and Agile UX processes and are not afraid of suggesting new ways of working
• A hands-on UX Designer that is proficient in user research techniques, interaction design, and user testing
• You are data-driven and comfortable using quantitative as well as qualitative data sources to inform your design decisions
• Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Balsamiq, Wireframe.cc and InVision)
• Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
Salary €30k - €35k based on experience with bonus and package.