RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a leading insurance company with a global footprint, who has a great opportunity for a HR/Office Manager to join this high performance team based in Malta. The company is moving into an expansion phase, is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the HR/Office Manager role?
You will be expected to manage the Office Administration, HR and Health and Safety Functions. Support the General Manager and Management Team with HR and organisational development initiatives and oversee the implementation of corporate policies and procedures according to legislation and best practice.
What will you do as a HR/Office Manager?
1. Liaise with the General Manager and Senior Management team to provide advice and direction on operational issues and to propose and agree resolutions to issues.
2. Take an active part in management meetings representing the interests of HR, Office Administration and Health and Safety.
3. Manage the HR function, provide advice to management, give guidance and ensure consistency across all HR matters.
4. Partner with payroll vendor and ensure HR administrative processes in Malta run smoothly.
5. Co-ordinate internal communication of all HR related materials, ie. annual appraisal forms, training information and special events.
6. Collaborate with Group HR team members in all jurisdictions and ensure HR projects are harmonized in line with Company vision.
7. Provide full life-cycle for recruitment for all job levels, including screening of applicants, candidate testing, employment contract negotiations, student hiring and new employee orientation.
8. Maintain HR administration procedures, including partnering with payroll vendor, to ensure service standards are met.
9. Act as project manager for special staff events.
10. Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place, identify and implement updates as required to ensure compliance with legislation and good practice, re-issue and monitor to ensure compliance.
11. Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs and regular testing of electrical appliances and safety devices within budget and in a timely manner.
12. Ensure office running costs and costs of supplies are maintained within budget. Continually strive to make savings whilst maintaining service levels.
13. Oversee the daily operation of the office including the direct supervision of the Office Administrator/Receptionist and Office Cleaner.
14. Conduct an annual Training Needs Analysis, make recommendations directly linked to business needs, utilizing a variety of delivery mediums. Ensure training is delivered in a timely manner, within budget.
15. Act as Company Health and Safety Officer. Take an active part in the Health and Safety Committee in Malta and also the Global Health and Safety Committee. Ensure regular health and safety and fire safety training is completed and recorded. Ensure the annual Fire Drill is conducted and recorded.
What do you know that makes you a great HR/Office Manager?
1. Solid experience in a similar role including HR and office management.
2. Flexible team player and ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
3. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
4. Strong organisational skills.
5. Ability to set own priorities and work with minimal supervision using initiative and judgment.
6. Ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and external stakeholders
7. Demonstrates results-oriented and well-organized approach to leading projects, budget planning and time management
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
9. Discretion and ability to respect confidentiality of information.
Salary €35k - €40k based on experience with benefits package.