Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a newly established egaming company who has a great opportunity for a Financial Controller to join this high performance team based in Gibraltar. The company has a wealth of gaming experience in the senior management, is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the Financial Controller role?
We are looking for an experienced financial controller who will be 'hands on' to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The candidate will report to the COO and be responsible for set up and implementation of various activities, methodologies in finance to support ongoing operations. As part of your role, you will liaise with operational, product and IT teams to specify and procure back office functionality to support financial requirements.
What will you do as a Financial Controller?
● Managing all finance and accounting operations.
● Experience in the gambling or gaming is an advantage.
● Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Bank reconciliation and Revenue Recognition.
● Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and reports.
● Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
● Coordinate the preparation of relevant regulatory reporting.
● Lead month-end and year-end close process.
● Manage multi-currency accounts.
● Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
● Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
● Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
What do you know that makes you a great Financial Controller?
● Proven working experience as a Financial controller.
● 4+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
● Degree in Accounting or qualified ACCA/CIMA.
● Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
● Experience with creating financial statements.
● Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
● Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
● Solid understanding of Financials and KPI’s.
● knowledge of multi-currency environment.
You will live locally
Salary £45k - 60k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.