IT Support Engineer
IT Internet and Technology
RecruitGibraltar are currently recruiting for an IT Support Engineer to join a successful and diverse gaming operation with online betting and gaming websites. Due to their continued success and expansion in the UK and abroad, our client is on the lookout for enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated people who want to begin or continue their career in the online gaming industry. In return our client offers a diverse and exciting working environment and comprehensive training and support that actively encourages their people to develop and work up the organizational structure.
You must live in the Gibraltar or Southern Spain area
What is the plan for the IT Support Engineer role?
As an IT Support Engineer your role is key to the smooth running of day-to-day operations within the Service Delivery team.
The IT Support Engineer will primarily be responsible for the handling of incidents and service requests coming into the Support Desk via telephone, email or Service Desk Self-Service portal, as well as liaising with Business Units and third parties where necessary. Be required to provide operational support for the core business applications, desktop and hardware support, covering a range of technologies including Windows 10, Server 2012, IP telephony, networks, peripherals and bespoke applications.
What will you do as an IT Support Engineer?
o Ownership of incidents and manage them through to resolution
o Ensuring all incidents are updated in a timely fashion
o Liaising with onsite business stakeholders on incident progress
o Handling priority incidents where necessary, making sure initial triage is completed before following escalation process
o Working closely with Service Desk and Application Support Teams throughout incident lifecycle where applicable
o First-time-fix of Incidents
o Execution of the Back-Up schedule, including triage and escalating failures
o Roll out of new hardware/software
o Fulfilment of User Access requests in line with
o Ad-hoc admin duties where required (including reporting, information requests, etc)
• Asset Management
o Ensure all assets are kept up to date in the inventory
o Procurement and deployment of assets in line with processes
What do you know that makes you a great IT Support Engineer?
• Previous experience of working within a customer facing Helpdesk/Support/Operations environment is essential
• Background knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, MS Office 10/13/365, Exchange & Active Directory
• Knowledge and experience of software update and patching e.g. WSUS.
• Knowledge and experience of information security best practices e.g. ISO 27001 preferred.
• PC hardware knowledge including fault diagnosis
• ITIL awareness/Service management best practice
• Knowledge or experience of Incident logging and Incident Management lifecycle
• Sound knowledge in the Gaming and Sports industry
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Salary £25k - £35k based on experience with bonus & an excellent relocation and benefits package.