Junior Pricing Analyst - Insurance
Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is an International Insurance Company who has a great opportunity for a Junior Pricing Analyst. The company is a progressive and ambitious company who has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression
You will join the Pricing team and assist in the provision of technical research and development of the pricing capabilities, tools and methodologies. You will be also involved in supporting other members of the team with activities such as reserving, claims analysis and cross-team projects. You will provide a range of management information and statistical analysis to all parts of the business.
• Using software such as SQL, Excel and R to produce and manipulate data sets for modelling and analysis.
• Producing, analysing and interpreting management information relating to performance of insurance products.
• Effectively communicating the impact of pricing actions to the wider business.
• Investigating and responding to queries from other areas of the business relating to pricing.
• Carrying out statistical modelling using GLMs and machine learning techniques.
- Degree level or above in a Statistical or Mathematical Science
- Experience of a statistical role preferred but not essential
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Good numerical skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to present complex concepts at a level appropriate for the audience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Strong IT skills
- Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability
Salary £25k - £30k based on experience.