Network Operations Technician
IT Internet and Technology
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a market leading service provider who have a great opportunity for a Network Operations Technician. You will join the existing and stable team of NOC technicians to ensure maximum up time in the networks.
You will need to live locally to Gib or Spain to apply for this role
What is the plan for the Network Operations Technician role?
The network operations technician provides support to the company and its customers by monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining all network elements and connections. This encompasses support on core, distribution, and access network elements up to the customer site from our Network Operations Centre in Gibraltar.
You will be required to work a 24/7 shift pattern as part of a team. You will be working with our external suppliers as well as high-profile customers. Good communication skills in both English and Spanish are essential. The Network Operations Technician will work to continuously improve the quality of our services.
What will you do as a Network Operations Technician?
• Handling detected and escalated issues, and working closely with our engineering team and telecommunication carriers to resolve service issues
• Provide technical support to high profile customers through telephone and other channels
• Work with upstream providers to resolve issues
• Manage security and access into our sites
• Validate problem descriptions and perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems in our fault tracking system
• Keeping customers up to-date on scheduled maintenance and other activities that may affect the service
• Managing residential support tickets
What do you know that makes you a great Network Operations Technician?
• Previous experience working in an IT environment
• Experience in customer service and communication with technical complexity
• CCNA or equivalent network qualifications an advantage
• Knowledge of routing and switching, configuration and hardware
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and Ethernet
• Knowledge of network monitoring tools and troubleshooting methods
• Good general IT skills and an enthusiasm for the subject
Salary circa £24k based on experience with benefits package.