Senior Management Accountant
Accountancy and Insurance
This role is no longer available but if you wish to send us your CV for other similar roles please do so on email@example.com
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client one of the best known and highly regarded companies within the financial services industry to find a Senior Management Accountant. You will be fully qualified by ACCA to CIMA with solid previous senior accountancy experience.
What is the plan for the Senior Management Accountant role?
The Senior Management Accountant is to assist the Group Financial Controller with the management of the Groups entities’ financial accounting, reporting, and control activities and to ensure they are carried out efficiently; to produce regular management accounts, both consolidated and company management accounts for the holding company and additional information as required to enable management to make quality business decisions.
What will you do as a Senior Management Accountant?
• To support with the production of monthly management accounts and information monitoring of the various aspects of the companies’ performances within the specified timescales;
• To investigate, report, and explain to the Group Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer, variances between actual and budget figures, variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPls), and other exceptions for both the holding company and subsidiary companies;
• To liaise with the companies’ external auditors and other advisers and to ensure financial statements are signed-off within the required Group reporting deadlines and budget;
• To support the preparation of statutory financial statements in accordance with applicable Accounting Standards and other legislation;
• To support the preparation of corporation tax computations, manage the submission process to the appropriate Tax Office and deal with queries raised by them as appropriate;
• To oversee the Group’s cashflow and treasury function;
• To work with the Group Financial Controller to ensure that all budget holders understand and comply with agreed financial procedures and stay within their budget constraints;
• To liaise with the Group Financial Controller to ensure that internal accounting systems, processes, and controls conform to accepted accounting principles and are robust and support the needs of the business;
What do you know that makes you a great Senior Management Accountant?
• Qualified member of a recognised accountancy body preferably ACCA/ACA
• Minimum 3 years post qualification experience preferably within a financial services environment
• You will live locally to Southern Spain or Gibraltar.
Salary £40k - 50k based on experience with bonus & benefits package.