IT Internet and Technology
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a dynamic and fast-growing global software company who has a great opportunity for a Solutions Architect to join this high performance team based in Gibraltar. The company is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
They are a family owned company that has been in Gibraltar for 20 years developing and supporting software solutions written in conjunction with staff in the UK and Vietnam. They value loyalty and individuals who want to be part of a close-knit team and who gain satisfaction from seeing something they have built influencing people’s everyday lives. The software is used by banks, building societies, stockbrokers and credit unions and we have installations ranging from the Indian Ocean, across the South Atlantic, through Europe and into the Caribbean.
What will you do as a Solutions Architect ?
A solutions architect to head up our Anti-money laundering and digital on-boarding team.
You will be responsible for defining the overall structure of a system along with any changes made to it. Also overseeing IT projects that are aimed at improving the business and ensuring all parts of the project run smoothly.
1. Be responsible for the development, support and maintenance of the Digital on-boarding and anti-money laundering platform.
2. Manage the customer relationship from inception to completion.
3. Work with customers in understanding and documenting their business requirements to their agreed satisfaction.
4. Take an agreed set of business requirements and design a solution to bring about its delivery.
5. Produce a project delivery schedule/plan and then to manage a team of developers to bring in developments in accordance with that plan.
6. Be able to monitor several development teams and projects, tracking and reporting progress to senior management and to the project sponsors
7. Work closely with a Lead Software Engineer and the Dev Ops Manager in reviewing, rationalizing and improving a planned development.
8. Respond to the ongoing needs of the development team as quickly as possible and with enough information so as not to cause project delays.
9. Prepare test plans to be used as the basis for testing the completed development.
10. At the appropriate time share those test plans with the QA department so they can prepare, or amend, the necessary regression test scripts.
11. Test the final development before delivery and to accept full responsibility for it.
12. Ensure that a development satisfies all the requirements defined by the customer.
13. Create, or amend, user documentation and to liaise with the technical authors for its inclusion into the company help systems.
What do you know that makes you a great Solutions Architect ?
Relevant technical experience in a similar role
Ideally have experience in banking or gaming
An in-depth knowledge of the products and systems which you will be designing solutions for
Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills.
Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with DevOps, Senior Software engineers, Product Owners and customers
Salary £50k - 60k based on experience.