Senior Claims Handler
Accountancy and Insurance
RecruitGibraltar are currently helping our client who is a leading insurance company with a global footprint, who has a great opportunity for a Senior Claims Handler to join this high performance team based in Ta’ Xbiex. The company is moving into an expansion phase, is progressive and ambitious, has a policy of promoting from within and has a dedication to professional training and progression.
What is the plan for the Senior Claims Handler role?
To establish the validity of and process all motor claims, and where necessary, assist with the processing of Commercial & Household claims, while ensuring a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
What will you do as a Senior Claims Handler?
• Efficiently handle all claims which are part of the job holder’s file allocation in accordance with group SLA’s.
• Deliver a customer centric claims proposition that will enhance the brand/reputation.
• Handle Motor, Public Liability and Employers’ Liability claims.
• Act as a reference point for junior claims staff and assist with their training and development.
• Gather and process information, as directed, to support the effective assessment of more complex cases.
• Maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development. Ensure knowledge is up to date with local and international laws and regulations that effect the insurance claims environment and reporting such developments to the senior management.
• Carry out robust diary management of an assigned caseload and improve closing ratios to above 100%.
• Provide excellent customer service and encourage others to do likewise
• Assist Senior Management with claims audits.
• QA Management.
• Handle a portfolio of recovery files.
What do you know that makes you a great Senior Claims Handler?
• Solid insurance claims experience essential.
• Fluent in both English and Maltese. (written and Verbal).
• Sound educational background.
• A minimum Insurance Qualification – Cert CII.
Salary €25k - €30k based on experience with benefits package.